1. For virus infection, the symptoms usually improve by themselves within 5-7 days, so the treatment is based on the symptoms without the necessity of taking any antibiotics, such as using sore throat remedies (such as lozenges, gargling or throat spray, sip water, pills). These drugs will help increase moisture and reduce throat irritation within the throat. Fever medication, pain relief medication may reduce the inflammation or sore throat, nasal discharge or antihistamines.
2. For bacterial infection, if the sore throat takes longer than 7 days, it is a possible bacterial infection, in which the antibiotics are needed for the treatment of the infection, which must be taken strictly in accordance with the advice of a doctor or pharmacist, for example, the medicine shall be taken for a fixed period of time, even if the symptom is better to ensure that bacteria are eliminated because ceasing the medication prematurely can cause a sore throat to return and may cause drug resistance.
3. A sore throat not caused by an infection, the treatment of sore throat due to other causes or existing diseases, such as GERD with sore throat, can be treated at the underlying disease by taking acid secretion inhibitors.
4. Take care of yourself when you have a sore throat as follows:
4.1 Visit the doctor for any of the following symptoms:
– High fever and very sore throat
– Having mucus or thick or yellow or green phlegm
– Having sore throat every day for more than 1 week
– feel a hard lump on the neck
4.2 If there are no symptoms listed in 4.1, basic care should be given as follows:
– wear a mask at all times in public to prevent the spread of the infection to others
– Eat easy digestive food and avoid eating oily fried food and spicy food to prevent irritation to the throat along with consumption of all 5 food groups
– Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day to hydrate the inflamed throat, while avoiding drinking cold water
– Gargle often with warm water or warm saltwater
– Wash hands regularly to prevent the spread
– Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, tea, coffee and smoking cigarettes.
– Avoid crowded places or places with sick people
– Avoid using voice temporarily
– Take enough rest
It is obvious that there are many primary care and treatment of sore throats with good results.
One of the secrets to help soothe sore throat and soothe the throat naturally containing concentrated propolis extracts such as Propoliz Plus Extherb or Propoliz Mouth Spray helps killing viruses and bacteria, while reducing inflammation in the mouth and throat that causes sore throat. Don’t forget to carry it near you. Whenever you have sore throat, think of Propoliz.
Reference: www.rcot.org, www.thaihealth.or.th
Propoliz: A spray for sore throat containing concentrated Propolis extracts from Brazil and many other extracts effective in killing bacteria, virus causing sore throat with relieving inflammation and reducing on-the-spot pain.
“Sore throat? No worries! Use Propoliz Plus for clear voice and feel relieved from sore throat”
available at most pharmacies.